Michigan Probate Litigation Lawyer
Meroueh & Hallman LLP is recognized as a premier litigation firm - and our experienced, effective probate litigation attorneys are one reason why.
With the aging of the population and the growing prevalence of "blended" families, probate litigation has become increasingly common. A great deal of wealth is being passed from one generation to another, and fighting over an inheritance is unquestionably on the rise.
We represent families, heirs, fiduciaries and creditors in a wide range of probate litigation matters, including:
- Contested Wills, Estates & Trusts
- Contested Guardianship & Conservatorship
- Determination of Heirs & Testacy
- Challenges to Jointly Owned Properties
- Determination of Spousal & Family Rights
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Contested Attorney and Fiduciary Fees
- Tax Apportionment
- Objections to Inventories & Accounts
- Sale of Estate & Trust Assets
- Claims for Distribution
Probate litigation is a unique area of law, and probate court has its own special set of rules. In addition, mediation is becoming an increasingly popular alternative to litigation. Our attorneys are well versed in the complexities and idiosyncrasies of both options. They are also attuned to the sensitivities involved in these matters. Contested probate can tear apart families and friends, and our attorneys work hard to minimize the damage.