Michigan Wrongful Termination Attorneys
If you believe you have been fired for questionable reasons that may constitute employment discrimination or a breach of contract, then consider discussing your concerns with an attorney.
Why Choose Our Michigan Wrongful Termination Attorneys?
- Years of Valuable Experience and Knowledge
- Awarded for SuperLawyers® Multiple Times
- Committment to Honesty, Reliability & Personal Attention
Every day we uphold a legacy of exceptional representation for workers who have faced wrongful termination. Please do not hesitate to see how we can help assert your legal rights!
Breathe a sigh of relief, Meroueh & Hallman is here to help.
What is Wrongful Termination?
When you are let go from a job, it never feels right. But the termination is only wrongful, and therefore actionable, under certain conditions. Most employment relationships are “at will,” which means that either party can decide to end the relationship. Even if the reason for firing the employee seems completely arbitrary, it may still not constitute a basis for filing suit. But “at will” employment does not give employers carte blanche to fire qualified employees.
In fact, terminated employees have a cause for action where an employment contract prohibits the employer from discharging the employee without cause. They may also file suit if the firing was motivated by discrimination or for a reason that violates public policy. It is unlawful to terminate someone based on a legally protected ground, such as race, age, gender, disability, and religion. A wrongful termination claim may be based on any of the following actions:
- Discrimination against protected class
- Retaliation for reporting a civil rights violation
- Termination to deprive employee of earned benefits
- Breach of express or implied contract requiring "good cause"
- Constructive discharge or creating a hostile work enviornment
- Violation of public policy expressed in Michigan and/or United States Statutes
Are you a Victim of Wrongful Termination
Only a Michigan discrimination lawyer is equipped to provide you the advice you need to proceed. We do not charge attorney's fees unless you get paid. If you believe you are the victim of wrongful termination, consult with our skilled Michgian attorneys at Meroueh & Hallman today.